That God created this universe and still rules it in ultimate authority.
That God sent his only son Jesus to die on the cross for the sins of the world. This was to redeem us from our human sin and restore us to a real relationship with God the Father.
That Jesus died and rose again, and is alive today.
That forgiveness of sin, salvation and eternal life can be obtained by repentance to God and faith in the redeeming work of Jesus Christ.
That the Bible is the inspired Word of God.
In the Trinity – Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
In the fellowship of believers, meeting together around God’s Word and sharing in the communion of bread and wine.
In the power of the Holy Spirit who is alive and working today.
- Being a congregation based on trust earned through openness and honesty.
- Accepting every individual equally, encouraging them to discover their true identity in Christ.
- Being generous, making use of the gifts that God has given us – gifts of time, talents and money.
- Being a church family who demonstrate God’s love by serving each other, our local area as well as further afield.
- Investing in people, encouraging personal wholeness and equipping individuals to reach their potential.
It is a historic location; the town’s first Nonconformist meeting place was established here in 1662. The present church was built in 1842 (the back rooms some 30 years later), and for well over three centuries, ordinary people, committed to the scripture-based service of Jesus, have worked, witnessed and prayed here.
Riverside Church, High Street, Burton upon Trent, DE14 1LD, 01283 535999.
For anyone thinking of partnering with us, we run an informal three-session course explaining how and why we operate here at Riverside. Ideal for those who want to find out more about our beliefs, values and activities, before committing to anything!
Meet our fantastic leadership team, full of individuals dedicated to serving God and the church.